We are committed to protecting and safeguarding your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the Data Protection act 1998). This policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
1. What information do we collect?We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views)
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of contacting us
- Any other information that you choose to send to us
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We may use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies on the website. We will use the session cookies to: keep track of you whilst you navigate the website. We will use the persistent cookies to: enable our website to recognise you when you make subsequent visits to this website.
Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites[[, including this one.
3. Using your personal data
We may use your personal information to:
- administer the website.
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website.
- enable your use of the services available on the website.
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested.
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
- provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user.
- send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications).
Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
In addition, we may disclose information about you:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law.
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings.
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
5. International data transfers
Information which you provide may be transferred to countries (including the United States, Japan, and other countries) which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Areas (EEA).
In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the internet and may be available, via the internet, around the world.
You expressly agree to such transfers of personal information.
6. Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall- protected) servers.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
7. Policy Amendments
8. Your rights
We aim to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
Whenever possible, you can update your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to change your Personal Data, please contact us to make the required changes.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.In certain circumstances, you have the right:
- To access and receive a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you
- To rectify any Personal Data held about you that is inaccurate
- To request the deletion of Personal Data held about you
- You have the right to data portability for the information you provide to Ashford International Truck Stop Limited. You can request a copy of your Personal Data in a commonly used electronic format so that you can manage and move it.
- You have the right, at any time, to object to us using your personal information
We do not perform any automated decision making or profiling with your personal information.
Please will ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) by calling 0303 123 1113.
9. Retention of Data
Ashford International Truck Stop Limited will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
10. Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
11. Updating information
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By visiting this page on our website: https://www.ashfordtruckstop.co.uk/contact-us
By phone number: (+44) 1233 502 919